Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Stock

I have never been good at making chicken stock, but I hate wasting the bird, so I keep trying. This weekend I came up with this little recipe, and the stock turned out fantastic with little effort. I used a rotisserie chicken we had leftover after eating it for a meal the first night, then scraping out all the leftover meat for chicken salad. I netted 96 oz. of stock from one rotisserie bird. I can't wait to try this with the Thanksgiving turkey...

Crock Pot Chicken Stock
leftover chicken carcass
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tsp chicken bouillon
a few carrots
1 tsp garlic seasoning salt
water to cover

Place the chicken, garlic, boullion, carrots and garlic salt in a 6-qt. crockpot and fill with enough water to cover the bird completely. Simmer on high for 4 hours, then low for 8 hours or overnight. Strain stock, discarding all solids, and use within a week or freeze for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment