Monday, June 20, 2011

Creamy Crockpot Tilapia

This is a recipe several friends of mine are fond of, and I've been hearing them talk about how yummy it is for years. It's from A Year of Slow Cooking. I kept putting off trying it because every time I make fish, I ruin it. Not this time. This recipe was so incredibly simple and so wonderfully tasty. Both my young sons gobbled it up and told me they loved it. My husband, who doesn't like fish, cleaned his plate as well. We'll definitely be making this again soon.
  
Creamy Crockpot Tilapia
3 or 4 fillets of tilapia (or other favorite white fish)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded cheese, preferably Parmesan
juice of 2 lemons
4 chopped garlic cloves
pinch each of salt and black pepper

Mix all ingredients except for the fish in a bowl. Lay out a piece of foil. Rub a generous amount of the sauce mixture on both sides of the fish. Fold the foil over and make a little packet for the fish. Place the packets into the crockpot and cook on LOW for 2-4 hours; fish should flake easily with a fork. Take care when taking the packets out of the crockpot and when opening -- they will be hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment